There are many benefits to participating in a clinical trial.
- You play an active role in your own health care as you receive careful medical attention and gain access to new research treatments before they are widely available (in some studies, you may be reimbursed for your time and expenses, such as travel or parking if applicable).
- You will be under the care of a specialist(s) who will monitor your progress throughout the study. You will have access to the research team and study doctor 24/7.
- You may have access to diagnostic tests that you may not normally receive with your family doctor.
- A large component of your participation is the benefit of learning to manage your health more effectively.
- Many people like the idea of contributing to medical research.
- Most of our research participants express satisfaction with the care received. Many are long-term participants involved in many different trials.